Google

Saturday, June 23, 2007

How Mothers Can Pop Into a Small Business

by Wendy Sepherd

What is a mother to do when money is short and there are things her children need? Many mothers may find themselves at yard sales pinching a few needed items for a more affordable price than buying new.


As a mom, this is exactly what I did when my kids were young. It was a good way to get out and about when my little ones were bored. Daddy was usually working, so we packed up on Friday and/or Saturday mornings and went treasure hunting for things we may need and some extra fun goodies.

I didn't realize at the time that I would change this treasure hunting into a small business to bring in a little bit of funds to help pay for diapers, educational books and toys for my young boys.

It started quite innocently. I really didn't want to hold a full-blown yard sale at my house to get rid of some of the small cloth diapers, baby books, etc. that we had acquired which my babies were growing out of. Therefore, I decided to try and sell them online.

At first, I started putting items up on auctions and message forums. I just accepted checks via regular mail in the beginning. Then I learned how to set up a way to accept electronic payments. I learned more from there. At the same time, I was running a couple of small websites on free hosting servers.

I have been asked many questions by people who are shy about getting started doing the same thing as I did. So, I decided to create an electronic digital ebook that will give the tips and information to help anyone get started. You will learn more than I did when I started in my early days by reading it all in this ebook. I have included most of what I know, which should help save you time and money.

Get an attitude; know that if I could do it, you can too! Make some extra fun money or a work at home mom business in resale mode.

No comments: